How to remember the gender of words in German
A hint to remember the gender of words in German language consists on using the visual memory instead of learning them by heart.
For instance you want to remember the gender of the body parts. You can draw a man, a woman or a toy with human shape. Then you choose a color for masculine gender, another one for femenine gender and another one for neutral gender. For example you can use this combination: blue, pink, grey. Then you colour each part of the body with the colour of its gender.
- das Ohr (you colour the ears with grey)
- der Mund (you colour the mouth with blue)
- die Hand (you colour the hands with pink)
I come from Austria and now I'm living in Beijing. I'm 32 years-old. I would like to find a language tandem English/German/Spanish - Mandarin Chinese and teach professionally German and English.
Short CV: Teacher
- Ph.D. in Cultural Anthropology, University of Vienna, Austria
- Taught German to 5 Groups a day with different levels and translated 3 German books
- Lectured in Europe, China and USA.
- Fluency in Languages: English, German and Spanish.
- Worked in 5 countries.