Difference between ser and estar in Spanish
From How to learn a language
Revision as of 15:43, 30 May 2012 by Lingua
Some differences between 'ser' and 'estar' in Spanish language is as follows.
Use of 'ser'
- 'Ser' is used to describe a permanent feature:
- Jose es aburrido. (Jose is boring)
- Esta ciruela es negra. (This plumb is black. What' kind of plumb is it? Black.)
Use of 'estar'
- 'Estar' is used to describe a transitory feature:
- Jose está aburrido (Jose is bored).
- Esta ciruela está verde (This plumb is green -Meaning: This plumb is unripped-. How is this plumb? It is green.)
- With some words_:
- Está bien. Está mal. (Incorrect: Es bien. Es mal.)